Gateway Academy Council
Fylde Coast Academy Trust (FCAT) is governed by the FCAT Board of Directors. The Board has overall responsibility for all operations and activities including the quality of the education provided by its Academies. Governance across each Academy within the Trust is delegated to a Local Governing Body known as the Academy Council. The governance structure for FCAT is set out in the FCAT Scheme of Delegation.
The Academy Council plays a vital role in the governance and accountability of Gateway Academy; its responsibilities include to:
- Support the vision and direction of FCAT
- Set and review the vision and direction for Blackpool Gateway Academy within the framework of FCAT’s vision
- Approve the Blackpool Gateway Academy Budget
- Oversee financial monitoring of Blackpool Gateway Academy
- Hold the Principal to account for standards and report annually to the Directors
- Act as a critical friend to the Principal
- Approve capital programmes before submission to the Board of Directors
The Academy Council is not responsible for the operational and day to day management of Gateway Academy; this is the remit of the Executive Principal who reports to the Chief Executive.
The Academy Council is made up of Governors who want to make a positive contribution to your child’s education.
Gateway Academy Council Governors
Felicity Greeves – FCAT Governor (Chair)
Andrew Kenworthy – FCAT Governor
Julia Aionesei – FCAT Governor
Linda Roberts – FCAT Governor
Norry Ascroft - FCAT Governor
Sue Robinson – Headteacher
Sarah Bamber – Executive Headteacher
Christine Butterworth - Staff Governor
Sarah Broadbent - Parent Governor
Gateway Academy Council Register of Business Interests